My Blog List

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Staff Development Improvements


       
                   To describe my ideal personal development plan it would ultimately be designed for my advancement within a five year span. I guess you could say that it would be apart of my 5 year plan as well. I have always been in favor of the advancement for workers through a process of training and assessment. Health benefits, Workplace compassion, and Professional Career Development programs that are all based on levels of rewards over time. I think that it would be the ideal package for anyone.

                 The types of development, from the Resources, that I will advocate for my potential employer would be to provide all staff with a path to advancement. In the presentation, I advocate for Career Development Opportunities, which would be optional for each employee to choose. The presence of Positive Meaning is very important to me, because I want to make sure that everyday is building towards a better tommorow. Positive Meaning has been described as "… a universal human need, and well-established relationships that exist between engaging in meaningful work and positive outcomes..." (Pace, 2010). I also like to remind the employer of the importance of employer relationships. In the presentation, the U.S Steele organization is shown as an example of how not to deal with employees. When a pleasant environment is presented, the workers should have a form of kinship. I also advocate for the ascending level of health benefits by year. When workers have the time to spend with their families then they can feel better about the work that they do. I would appreciate the time off in my professional development plan. Workplace compassion is rare in the workplace. I would love to work in an atmosphere where co-workers can give me days of their vacation for my maternity or bereavement is a great atmosphere! If someone were to lose a loved one, they could be given some days from co-workers and the days would be matched by the employer is an atmosphere that says they care more about the people than the profit.

No comments:

Post a Comment